Reason for this survey
Since the council was created in 2009, car parking policies across the borough have differed from town to town. For example car parking in some towns is free to use, and in towns where charges do apply, the charges vary between towns.
Furthermore, there has been much uncertainty about what the council's future car parking policy should look like, for example:
- How much should car parking cost in Cheshire East?
- Should the council promote alternative methods of transport to the car?
- What improvements to car parking services are required?
The council is currently updating its Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) which includes proposals for greater harmonisation of car parking across the borough. No decisions have been made at this stage and this engagement will help prepare proposals that contribute to the MTFS. Responses to this survey will inform our planning for the future role of car parking, and how it supports the delivery of the council's strategic objectives.
- November 2020 to January 2021 - Car parking survey.
- January 2021 to March 2021 - Consideration of results, and creation of proposals.
- March 2021 - Formal consultation on final proposals.
You can submit your feedback either by:
- Completing this survey.
- Writing to Research and Consultation, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ.
- Emailing RandC@cheshireeast.gov.uk.
The car parking survey closes at 23:59 on Sunday 31 January 2021
In addition, the council will be hosting a number of on-line briefings for key stakeholder groups including Town and Parish Councils and Chambers of Commerce. Further information will be available on the council’s website.
For any queries about this engagement e.g. if you would like to receive this questionnaire in an alternative format, or submit your response in a different way, please call 0300 123 55 00 or email RandC@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Your confidentiality is assured